NH Public Television and WCVB Boston tied in the Environmental category. NHPTV’s Phil Vaughn, Steve Giordani and Willem Lange were recognized for their program, Plight of the Grassland Birds. NHPTV’s Mount Washington Cog Railway: Climbing to the Clouds also received an Emmy in the Historic/Cultural Feature/Segment category. Steve Giordani was the producer/editor, Rebecca Metcalf and Catherine Bedor shared associate producer credits, and Paul Lally was the writer.
In the Magazine Feature/Segment category, WMUR Chronicle co-host Sean McDonald was recognized for a piece entitled Cliff Photographer . Sean was the producer and Paul Falco was the videographer/ editor.
(original article published April 13, 2016) New Hampshire television stations are well represented on the list of New England Emmy Nominations for 2016. Winners will be announced during a ceremony at the Westin Copley Place in Boston on Saturday, June 4.
Nominees (and categories) include:
- NH Public Television
- Plight of the Grassland Birds (Environmental)
- Mount Washington Cog Railway Climbing to the Clouds (Historical/Cultural Program/Special)
- Mindful Adventures (Societal Concerns Program/Special)
- NH Chronicle: Fritz Wetherbee (Performer/Narrator)
- NH Chronicle: Home At Last (Community/Public Service Campaign)
- NH Chronicle: Todd DiOrio (Editor Program)
- NH Chronicle: Cliff Photographer (Magazine Feature/Segment)
- Saving the Whales (Environmental)
- The Ugly Truth (News Report/Serious Series)
- NH1 News (Animation)
- Killer High (Societal Concerns Program/Special)