WBZ NewsRadio is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic news writer. The ideal candidate can write radio newscasts as well as web content and material for WBZ's social media platforms. This person must be able to think critically with new factual information. They should be self-motivated in order to meet deadlines and communicate efficiently with other staff members. A successful candidate is eager to learn and be willing to help when needed.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for writing creative and relevant on-air news copy under continual rolling deadlines.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing news coverage to targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews newsmakers.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Communicate clearly with editors and other newsroom staff.
• Update social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Threads etc.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Verifies facts and produce news content.
• Edits actualities for broadcast.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking.
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiarity with NexGen, Adobe Audition, NewsBoss a plus.
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to current events/news.
• 4 year journalism degree preferred
• Position requires proficiency in writing news copy, fact checking and research. Must work well under breaking news and deadline pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination.
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative.
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.