WBZ NewsRadio has an opening for an experienced news writer and producer.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for writing creative and relevant on-air news copy under continual rolling deadlines.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing news coverage to targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews newsmakers.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Communicate clearly with editors and other newsroom staff.
• Update social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Threads etc.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Verifies facts and produce news content.
• Edits actualities for broadcast.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking.
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiarity with NexGen, Adobe Audition, NewsBoss a plus.
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to current events/news.
• 4 year journalism degree; experience working in a newsroom.
• Position requires proficiency in writing news copy, fact checking and research. Must work well under breaking news and deadline pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination.
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative.
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Location: 1 Cabot Road, Suite 320, Medford, MA 02155
Pay Type: Hourly
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.