The Programming Administrator for Boston market leading stations WCVB-TV (Boston) and WMUR-TV (Manchester) as well as their second digital sub-channels MeTV Boston and MeTV New Hampshire - reports to The Director of Programming and Communications and provides administrative support for the programming departments at WCVB Channel 5 and WMUR Channel 9.
- Manage stations' program schedules (local, syndication, network)
- Manage listings services and manage all feed/distribution information for programming
- Responsible for managing and updating station's Over the Top (OTT) streaming clearances, black-out schedules, and MVPD program streams
- Manage FCC Requirements and Reporting (Children's Programming Reports, Commercial Time Limits Compliance, and Closed Captioning Requirements)
- Assist with social media promotion of station programming and respond to viewer correspondence
- Interact with all departments at station, as well as network, syndicator, community partners, etc.
- Ideal candidate should be proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicant should have outstanding organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
- Preferably, applicant should have related experience working at a television station and be familiar with program operations, scheduling, and planning, as well as an understanding of FCC reporting requirements.
- Be a strong team player, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic go-to person
- Two to three years experience in the capacities listed above is preferred.
- BS degree preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.