WCVB-TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create dynamic and memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being aggressive when news breaks as well as the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have experience creating high-end production that showcases the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates also must be efficient and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded professionals.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to create an experience for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2+ years newscast producing experience
- Creative presentation skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience using ENPS or iNews
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to organize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style and ability to take advantage of all available resources/elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays and be flexible with scheduling during breaking news
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.