July 23, 2021
Job Summary: Broadcast & Digital News Write
- Edits, proofs, and creates broadcast and digital news materials, news stories, and presentations.
- Reviews content prior to broadcast working with the editor on duty.
- Enforces style and content standards.
- Communicates with reporters in the field to get the most up-to-date and accurate information.
- Authors postings quickly and accurately.
- Manages and updates archived materials.
- Provides support to other areas of the newsroom as assigned.
- Preferably 3+ years out of college experience in news editing/writing.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
- Position requires proficiency in writing news copy, fact checking and research; must work well under breaking news and deadline pressure.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of social media.
- 4-year degree in journalism preferred.
- Capable of becoming proficient using audio recording and editing software and equipment.
Location: 1 Cabot Road, Suite 320, Medford, MA 02155
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.