WCVB-TV, Boston's News Leader, and the Hearst Television owned ABC affiliate serving greater Boston from Needham, Massachusetts, is seeking a part-time broadcast Maintenance Technician.
The Part Time Maintenance Technician position is a great opportunity for an entry level candidate or recently separated military veteran to foster career growth through a combination of training, mentoring and hands-on experience. You will work with a seasoned engineering team to maintain, repair and upgrade equipment covering all aspects of our operation, from IT systems to cameras and transmitters. You will report to the Assistant Director of Engineering.
- With orientation and training, provide timely and effective first-line support and response to users of WCVB's broadcast and information technology.
- Support station production, broadcast and IT operations under the direction of the IT Manager, Assistant Director of Engineering and Director of Engineering.
- Provide shift coverage for regular full-time staff as needed and participate in technology installation and maintenance projects as needed.
- Work with engineering and IT management and staff to maintain LAN/IT Infrastructure, installation and support of network hardware and software.
- Provide end user support in Windows workstation environment for custom and standard software applications.
- Assist users with installation and use of new software features, apply updated services and implement OS upgrades and needed.
- Conduct troubleshooting, component repair, installation, research, documentation and cabling tasks.
- Basic knowledge of audio, HDSDI video, tally and control protocols
- Basic knowledge of electronics and component repair
- Knowledge of computer, computer systems and basic IP networking
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting broadcast equipment
- Skills with video production, microwave systems, and IT infrastructure
- Lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., and work in all weather conditions.
- Climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
- Work flexible hours and shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Autocad/Visio proficiency for system design and layout preferred
- Background in microwave transmission and satellite communications preferred
- Higher education in technology, SBE certification or related military experience will be considered
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement under Local 1228 IBEW.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.