New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR) is seeking a detail-oriented, collaborative Operations Manager to manage the station's daily on-air technical operation. The Operations Manager programs our automation system for live and unattended program delivery, ensuring flawless delivery of programming and underwriting messages. The Operations Manager is one of the station's voices on the air, recording breaks and delivering newscasts as needed, and so plays a key part in connecting NHPR with existing and new audiences. This position reports to the Program Director and is part of a team committed to continuous improvement in our processes.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state's largest radio news service. Each day NHPR delivers local content reported by NHPR's reporters and producers, as well as national and world news from National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasting throughout the state from 16 radio stations at 14 transmission sites. NHPR's newsroom, digital team, podcasts and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
NHPR is committed to its staff's development, both in technical and leadership skills. We have policies regarding fair compensation and a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance; company-paid short and long term disability; flexible spending accounts; a 403(b) savings plan and a free on-site fitness center. Employees are entitled three weeks of paid vacation time and twelve paid holidays, as well as paid sick and parental leave.
- Programs and maintains on-air digital and broadcast automation system to ensure flawless execution of NHPR and Classical New Hampshire (CNH) program schedule.
- Ensures that all studio broadcast equipment is functioning properly and works with the Technology team to address any issues.
- Procures national programming and prepares it for on-air delivery.
- Troubleshoots any non-routine situations related to on-air delivery or broadcast equipment with support from technology team.
- Trains on-air hosts and manages hosting schedule.
- Monitors broadcast operations after hours and fields calls and troubleshoots when programming is interrupted.
- Runs and submits playlist reports as required.
- Serves as the board operator for daily talk show and as needed for special coverage or back-up.
- Records daily voice track breaks, and prepares and delivers midday newscasts as needed.
- Prepares and programs logs for AudioVAULT.
- Participates in remote broadcasts, election night coverage, on-air fundraising and other special events. Occasional weekend work is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you don't meet every qualification outlined below, but are intrigued by this position and feel you could be a good fit, we'd still like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- A minimum of three years of experience in radio operations.
- A minimum of two years of experience as board operator and announcer.
- Excellent knowledge of digital broadcast equipment and operations.
- Proficiency in audio editing software and broadcast delivery programs.
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Ability to multi-task and handle non-routine situations with calm and authority.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- B.A. in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
Other qualifications that would be useful:
- Journalism experience and good news judgement.
- Knowledge of relevant FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience using AudioVAULT.
- Proficiency in Adobe Audition.
New Hampshire Public Radio believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply on the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/1723445.html