Full time on-air talent for Boston area high-energy, contemporary Spanish hits radio station. Host live weekday shift in Spanish. Must be knowledgeable in and have a passion for Reggaeton, Tropical, Latin Pop music. This position requires coordination of promotional events, significant community engagement and live appearances. Prior on-air experience is required.
• Performs music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
Education: 4-year college degree preferred.
Certifications: None required
Location: 1 Cabot Road, Suite 320, Medford, MA 02155
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.