WCVB-TV, the ABC affiliate in the Boston DMA has an opening Local News Producer who knows how to create meaningful and memorable newscasts. You have creative vision and have experience making decisions and communicating the plan. You know how to win the big story, own breaking news and display important weather information. You must be fast and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros. Accuracy is job one! You will report to the News Director.
- Select, research, and write content for live newscasts to make the newscast an "experience" for viewers
- Work with and guide reporters in story production
- Coordinate creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Boothing assigned newscasts, breaking news and weather events
- Live timing newscasts
- In-person attendance is required
- 2+ years newscast producing experience
- Creative presentation skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience using ENPS or iNews
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to organize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style and ability to take advantage of all available resources/elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays and be flexible with scheduling during breaking news
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.