IT / Broadcast Technician, Part-time – WKXL in Concord is looking for an IT or broadcast engineering person familiar with AM/FM broadcast hardware and software, computer systems, web and social media presence, and audio production. Hours are flexible and some can be remote. 10 to 15 hours per week.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, taping or broadcasting on-air and website content material.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the station’s operation are aired.
- Maintains the station website, podcast feeds, and social media posts.
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
- Check’s studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies engineering venders of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Maintains station’s computers, network, and broadcast appliances for latest updates, required settings, and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 desktop and web applications
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with BSI Simian, Cool Edit Pro, Audition, and Nat-Soft Natural Log.
- Proficient in using Wordpress with GoDaddy hosting to create pages and posts, post content, and maintain themes/plug-ins.
- Proficient in social media networks for posting content; digital marketing experience a plus.
- Experience maintaining Windows computers and networking protocols, especially Sonicwall hardware.
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Essential to initiative independently to manage projects and issues as they arise
- 3+ years of radio experience preferred
- Education: 2-year college degree preferred
Hourly Rate is approximately $18 per hour depending on experience.
Interested candidates please email resumes to Janice Cyr at [email protected]