The mission of NHPBS is to be a catalyst for new ideas, community connection and civic engagement through the delivery of compelling, relevant and meaningful programs and services. To support this mission, NHPBS is seeking an Educational Engagement and Impact Producer to create engagement around its local and national programming. The Educational Engagement and Impact Producer will conduct community assessments, build strategic community partnerships across the Granite State, coordinate and/or create educational outreach materials, create discussion guides, organize, host and produce screenings and support development of nhpbs.org web content. The Engagement and Impact Producer will also develop a metrics plan to track and communicate the reach and effectiveness of select programming.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about public media and its power to improve the quality of life for everyone in the Granite State by delivering beyond broadcast educational and community engagement content to New Hampshire residents.
Essential Functions of the Position Include:
• Outreach to community members, scholars, libraries, museums and community organizations
• Reach new and under served communities with essential programming
• Build strategic partnerships to create or co-create program discussion guides
• Develop educational content in collaboration with community members
• Plan and present screenings and community events
• Facilitate distribution of content to schools, libraries and general audience use
• Collect and curate resources for inclusion on website and in social media
• Capture project metrics
• Responsible for building relationships with diverse communities across the state of New Hampshire
• Responsible for creating engagement opportunities to promote discussion online, in person (when possible again) and in storytelling formats.
• Moderating community discussions, online and through in-person events
• Regularly attend NHPBS Community Advisory Board meetings and participate in planning agendas, making presentations and recruiting new members
• Solicit and manages commentary submissions from community members
• Continuously looking for ways to engage across existing, new and emerging platforms
• Ability to work remotely, travel as necessary including to NHPBS studio in Durham, NH as needed.
Required skills and ability for the position include:
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in history, communications, journalism, education or equivalent experience.
• At least one year of experience in developing discussion guides and educational materials for schools, museums and other venues.
• Organizational and planning skills that allow for successful multi-tasking in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
• Advanced writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of audience analytical tools and social media strategies to grow and engage audiences.
• Knowledge of PBS and journalistic principles of ethical conduct
• Audio and video storytelling a plus
• Preference will be given to candidates residing in New Hampshire and surrounding states.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume and links to previous project work to [email protected]; use Engagement Producer in the subject line.
It is the policy of New Hampshire Public Broadcasting to provide equal employment opportunity to everyone. NHPB does not discriminate in recruitment, selection and employment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran's status or marital status. Women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly urged to apply.