The mission of New Hampshire PBS is to be a catalyst for new ideas, community connection and civic engagement through the delivery of compelling, relevant and meaningful programs and services. To support this mission, NHPBS engages all communities it serves with a variety of events throughout the year.
NHPBS is seeking an organized and dynamic leader to oversee the planning and execution of special promotional, community, and fundraising events for the station.
The Director of Events primary responsibility is to raise revenue and visibility for the station by creating, planning and executing a variety of fundraising and station events including but not limited to NHPBS signature events, membership events, raffles, and trips and to continually develop ongoing fundraising strategies. This position works with all departments to create a strong foundation of annual events that are a focused-on revenue producing and as well as creating an awareness of NHPBS and its mission throughout the Granite State.
Essential Functions of the Position Include:
• Ability to plan and implement a variety of new and existing station events that reach and engage the viewership of NHPBS throughout the entire Granite State
• Executing events that increases the revenue base for the organization
• Foster partnerships with various local and statewide organizations and venues to host NHPBS related events to create strong community connections
• Create and manage a robust development/fundraising budget
• Work with Underwriting Department for event sponsorship's
• Work with Communications Department to create annual marketing plans for events and station fundraising activities
• Manage volunteer program; create a deep volunteer ambassador program, to assist at various events
• Work with all departments to create new and innovative events both virtual and in person
• Other duties as assigned
Required skills and abilities for the position include:
• Successful fundraising and event promotion track record
• Event planning and management experience
• Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Public speaking, data management and analysis skills
• Availability for weekend and evening event work
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience considered
• Passion for NHPBS
Qualified applicants who wish to apply may submit a resume and cover letter to: Director of Events Position, New Hampshire Public Broadcasting, 268 Mast Road, Durham, NH 03824 OR via email to [email protected] please use Director of Events in subject line.
It is the policy of New Hampshire Public Broadcasting to provide equal employment opportunity to everyone. NHPB does not discriminate in recruitment, selection and employment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran's status or marital status. Women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly urged to apply.