WCVB-TV, Boston's ABC affiliate and Hearst Television station, seeks a highly motivated, organized, and creative person to fill our full time Creative Services Photographer/Editor position. A successful candidate will possess superior shooting, lighting, editing and design skills. But a critical element will be the candidate's attitude. We need a person who wants to make impactful television, who dreams up unique promos, who enthusiastically generates great ideas to advance the look of Boston's most-watched station and possesses the know-how and skill to get it done. We seek a person who pushes us all a little, while collaborating with Producers to help them execute their creative vision.
- As the department's primary video editor, you will be expected to design and edit market-leading on-air promos.
- As the department's primary videographer, you will be expected to scout, block, light and shoot market-leading promotional footage.
- Must deliver impeccable design aesthetic and production sensibilities to produce compelling/eye-catching/
graphically-pleasing marketing materials.
- Department expert on Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
- Department expert on Windows 11, media management and storage solutions.
- Department expert on new camera, camera support, lighting technology.
- Go-to team member to troubleshoot/solve technical issues quickly, independently and under pressure both in the edit room and on shoots.
- Passion for marketing news, community programming and digital content.
- Must stay abreast of local news competitive landscape.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Applicant must be an expert Adobe Premiere Pro editor.
- Applicant must have strong motion graphic, title and compositing skills using Adobe After Effects.
- Applicant must be an experienced videographer with advanced knowledge of Canon EOS Cinema cameras, slider and gimbal systems.
- Applicant must have superior field and studio video lighting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical issues quickly, independently and under pressure.
- Ability to lead multiple projects through all phases of production.
- Superior attention to detail, time management, organizational and media management skills.
- Ability to book crews, schedule shoots large and small, delivering on-time and on-budget.
- FAA 107 commercial drone license a plus.
- Required to lift and move production equipment weighing up to and occasionally exceeding 50 lbs.
- Make hands-on contributions to in-studio & remote productions and edit various department projects.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.