New Hampshire Public Radio is seeking a Corporate Relations Representative to work as part of the development team to promote and sell on-air and digital sponsorship of public radio programming. The Corporate Relations Representative identifies prospects, delivers customized presentations and establishes customer relationships to develop and retain business and meet sales goals. The Representative can work from home or in NHPR's Concord office after the initial training period. Must have transportation to travel to clients within New Hampshire. This is a full time position that reports to the Director of Corporate Support.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming across the state and region. We are located in Concord, New Hampshire.
· Generate revenue opportunities for corporate sponsorships for Radio and Digital Platforms.
· Foster relations with current clients, identify and secure new underwriters, and provide outstanding customer service and support.
· Establish deep relationships with client organizations as well as advertising agencies.
· Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
· Develop multiplatform strategic sales strategies, plans and proposals.
· Execute CRM entry of all client activity.
· Represent station at community networking events and participate in fundraising activities as requested.
· Work closely with traffic department for fulfillment of media contracts.
· Represent the organization with the highest integrity, as one off the states leading cultural institutions.
· Communicate regularly with home office in Concord and attend all station and department meetings.
We’re looking for someone with…
· Passion for public media, the arts and classical music.
· Minimum of five years of experience in sales, preferably media sales.
· Track record of new business development and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and well-developed presentation skills.
· Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
· Self-motivated and goal oriented with a commitment to training and accountability.
· Proficient in MS Office programs and experience with social media and digital platforms. Nonprofit Knowledge and financial reporting experience is a plus.
…but we know there are great candidates who may not have all these qualities or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation for this position consists of base pay plus commission.
Employees regularly scheduled for 20+ hours weekly are eligible for benefits including vacation, sick days, and organizational holidays. Full time employees (30+ hours weekly) may participate in all benefit programs that NHPR establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, NHPR offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short/long-term disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and other benefits. All employees are eligible for participation in NHPR’s 403b plan pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 403b plan document.
Things to Know About Us:
NHPR is the state's foremost news organization, focused on producing accountability journalism and engaging deeply with the diverse communities and people of the Granite State. For 40 years, NHPR has produced incisive local news on the radio and emerging audio platforms, complementing the national and global reporting of our partners at NPR. We make nationally prominent podcasts - including Bear Brook, Outside/In, Civics 101 and Document - and have a fast-growing footprint in digital and social media.
In our leaders - and across the organization - we seek people who are approachable, collaborative, empathetic, optimistic, and solution-minded. Together, we are building a culture based on earned trust, transparency, equity and inclusion. We hold ourselves accountable to our goals and our values. We have publicly stated our commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff and our journalism. NHPR is intent on being public radio for all of New Hampshire, and to expanding our audience and advancing our mission and vision by deepening our engagement with diverse people and communities across the state and beyond our borders.
The health and safety of our employees, their families and the community at large is a high priority for NHPR. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required for employment. Individuals must be fully up-to-date with their vaccinations no later than their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship pursuant to applicable law.
*Per the CDC: A person is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination if they have received all recommended doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible.
Please apply on the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/2352811.html
Include a Resume and Cover Letter.
NHPR is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NHPR encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.