Plans, organizes and executes (and in many cases will staff) revenue-generating promotions and events for Manchester market---with additional support for Portsmouth in same capacity.
- Partners with Market President, Programming and Sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, advertiser satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
- Directs the activities of employees engaged in the planning and execution of marketing, promotion, sales promotion and imaging campaigns.
- Managing the promotion and direction of advertising and marketing activities and campaigns as well as improvement of the Company's product image, market data, and information.
- Studying market conditions to determine the demand for company's services or products, and indicating the need for new products or services.
- Identifying potential listening audience and customers.
- Researching program and campaign effectiveness. Tracking and reporting results to management.
- Providing marketing and public relations advice to stations.
- Formulating marketing policies to promote products and services, working with programming, advertising and promotion managers.
- Executes remote station promotional events and materials.
- Maintains station event calendar, writes copy for promotional spots, schedules live remotes from promotional events, prepares summaries of events, serves as primary coordinator for third party tie-ins and supervises promotions coordinators and event staff.
- Ensures the provision of prizes, promotional materials, and event collateral.
- Ensures contest rules comply with FCC regulations.
- Assists with website, online presence, and social media.
- Prepares and manages Promotions Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Handles all payables according to company policy and in a prompt fashion.
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
- Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and meet specific deadlines
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
- Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure a client focus
- Prior experience directing and managing a team
- Experience with local formats preferred
- Prior experience in broadcast media industry is preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
Manchester, NH: 70 Foundry Street, Suite 300, Manchester NH 03102
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Please apply at: iheartmediacareers.com