New Hampshire Public Radio is seeking an experienced network and systems administrator to join our technology team. The Senior IT Administrator will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, specification, administration, maintenance and repair of computer hardware and software systems necessary to support the operations of New Hampshire Public Radio. The position reports to the Director of Technology.
NHPR is New Hampshire’s independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state's largest radio news service. The station broadcasts news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 177,000 weekly listeners across the region, and reaches a global audience through its on-demand properties. Based in Concord, the state's capital and political hub, NHPR's newsroom, digital team, and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production, including the 2015 and 2017 national Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence. We have 16 sites around the state with 90 workstations, 500 networked devices and 2 VMWare clusters.
- Manage Microsoft Server and desktop operating systems including AD, DFS, TS, SharePoint, print and application servers.
- Manage VMware virtual environment.
- Support EMC VNX production storage and Synology/Unitrends backup technology.
- Cisco LAN and Wi-Fi infrastructure management.
- Office 365 Production Suite support.
- Support firewall and other security systems.
- Work with departments to identify, evaluate, recommend and implement current and emerging technology needed to strengthen station operations.
- Lead the assessment, specification and implementation of hardware, software and network solutions.
- Provide user and systems support as part of a rotating on-call 24/7/365 support structure.
- Develop and/or maintain department procedures including work orders and documentation for software and hardware.
- Manage telecommunications and messaging systems including the in-house PBX and external connectivity.
- Work with technology team to support IP-based broadcast equipment and infrastructure; training provided.
- Assist in developing and maintaining system disaster recovery plans
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or Associate's degree and 10 years of relevant experience including in administration of Local and Wide Area Networks and with a variety of hardware and software applications.
- Extensive experience with multi-site server virtualization technologies including multi-host clusters and shared high-performance storage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer networking.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerShell, SolarWinds or WhatsUp Gold-type tool sets, network bandwidth utilization monitoring devices and other common IT Pro tools.
- Hands-on experience with firewalls, VMware virtualization, backup and replication systems and SAN architectures.
- Record of providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Microsoft MCSE, CISCO or similar certifications preferred.
- User group participation is a big plus.
- Previous experience in a broadcast environment preferred.
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply on the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/628537.html
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.