WMUR-TV is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
- Entering and maintaining all national orders including electronic transfer and
maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
- Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
- Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
- Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client
- Maintain organized filing systems
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both
on the phone and in person
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous commercial television experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, WideOrbit, and MediaLine.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment,
enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
- Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
- Extreme attention to detail.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.