Local 22 (WVNY) & Local 44 (WFFF) covering the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is looking for a multimedia journalist/reporter.
You will set-up, shoot, write, and edit your pieces, which will appear in newscasts on Local 44 (WFFF), Local 22 (WVNY) as well as myChamplainValley.com.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Proficiency with broadcast cameras and non-linear editing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must apply online: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/5036
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.