- Oversight of the rundown and scripts for the newscasts
- Oversight of the use of graphics to enhance our presentation
- Coaching producers, reporters and photojournalists
- Responding to breaking news
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
- Writing compelling news stories
- Meeting deadlines
- Producing newscasts when needed
- Posting stories and video on digital platforms
- Pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
- Must perform some administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing feedback
- Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, production and engineering
- Minimum of five years producing experience.
- Be sure to include a link to your demo with resume
- Excellent news judgment
- Strong sense of audience desires
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements
- Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field or equivalent work experience
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.