Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
- Works well in a team environment
- 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
Manchester, NH: 70 Foundry Street, Suite 300, Manchester NH 03102
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Please apply at: iheartmediacareers.com
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.