The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience in achieving long range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Account Executive must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Please apply to: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4592
We are an EEO employer.
Stations: All newly registered employers must be approved by the NHAB staff before being allowed to post open positions. If you do not receive prompt acceptance, please call 603-232-0277 so we can expedite the process. All job postings and resumes will be listed on the NHAB Job Bank for a period of 60 days. Should a job posting need to be listed for an extended period of time, please contact the NHAB prior to the 60-day deadline or re-post the job using your Employer Admin Panel. Likewise, please remove filled positions from this list.
Job Seekers: Resume information remains on our site indefinitely. Having your resume posted on your site means that you are actively looking for employment. Registered employers frequently search through resume submissions looking for new hires. If you are not actively looking for a new job, please remove your resume information from the listings. If you need assistance removing your information, please call 603-232-0277.
Scholarships: NHAB offers scholarships each year for students who are permanent residents of New Hampshire and plan to, or are, enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning. The NHAB Broadcaster Scholarship Program awards $2,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in over-the-air broadcasting. In addition, a $5,000 is awarded in honor of the former President of the NHAB, Al Sprague. Click here for information.
Virtual Job Fairs: NHAB also conducts quarterly online job fairs to match job applicants with stations seeking to hire. Click here for more information.
Careers Page: The National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations maintains a helpful Careers Page. Click here for more information.
NAB Education Foundation: The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation is dedicated to reinforcing the future of broadcasting through a commitment to education and to advancing excellence in the diversity and community service efforts of our industry. The foundation offers a number of career/professional development programs and initiatives to achieve this mission.