NHAB’s first Virtual Job Fair was a fantastic success! It generated 117 leads from job seekers who visited BroadcastersVirtualJobFair to post resumes, browse job openings, and make contacts at New Hampshire radio and television stations. Our next Virtual Job Fair will be held from June 27-July 1.
Five ownership groups, representing 21 stations, participated in the March Virtual Job Fair:
- Binnie Media Group (WBIN TV, WFNQ)
- Great Eastern Radio (WTPL, WLKZ, WZEI, WHDQ, WXXK, WWOD, WGXL, WTSL, WTSV)
- Hearst Television Inc. (WMUR TV)
- Saga Communications (WZID, WFEA, WMLL, Hot Hits 94.1 & 103.1)
- Townsquare Media (WOKQ, WPKQ, WSHK, WSAK, WHOM)
2016 Job Fair 30 PSA (right click to download)
2016 Job Fair 60 PSA (right click to download)
Every radio and television station in New Hampshire is encouraged to participate. As you know, participating in job fairs is strongly encouraged because of its value in your efforts to comply with the FCC’s EEO Rules and Policies*. Your participation affords you the opportunity to:
- Establish contact with new and experienced broadcasters who may be searching for a job;
- Discover individuals looking for more information on an educational level about the many career opportunities in broadcasting;
- Identify prospective college students who may be considering broadcasting for a course of study or major;
- Meet with students looking for internship opportunities.
Each participating station group must identify a hiring agent, then promote the event on the air which drives traffic to the site. Visitors can register and upload their resumes, and they are given information regarding specific open positions that they might be interested in. Those registrations are, then, sent electronically to each participating station group’s hiring agent.
Participating stations must, as an EEO requirement, promote the event and monitor the email inquiries throughout the week. The inquiries must be responded to by a person with hiring capacity for the broadcast group.
Sign-up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling NHAB at 603-627-9600.
(*) Although a station may be able to consider that they have fulfilled one requirement of the third prong (supplemental efforts) of the FCC’s Options Menu in a two year period by participating in four of these virtual job fairs, this specific technology has not been vetted by the FCC.